Brickbreaker
My job ties me to a Blackberry. On it I receive email and different notifications for more work to do. When the Blackberry buzzes it is never good news.
The game Brickbreaker is on the Blackberry and I find myself playing it to kill times...even in meetings. I used to suck at it but I've gained some skill with it and the game go on quite a bit longer.
One day I took the Blackberry into the bathroom and figured I'd play it while backing the old brown Buick out of the garage. This particular game of Brickbreaker was my best. I kept getting extra 'life bubbles' and I was proceeding through the different levels like never before. I didn't want to get up because I didn't want to breakup the groove I was in.

While focusing on the game I realized that I had been there too long when the motion sensor had not detected any movement long enough that the lights in the bathroom had gone off. I tried to put up my hand and wave but it didn't detect me while sitting in the stall. I tried to stand though I had spent so much time playing Brickbreaker on the toilet that my lower legs and feet were completely numb. I lost my focus and the game was over...but with a NEW HIGH SCORE!
I put the Blackberry in my pocket, gave my undercarriage a good how's your father and then tried to take a step. No dice. Standing was impossible and I stumbled forward holding on to the side of the stall to bolster myself. I couldn't walk and I had lost enough feeling in my legs that I could not reliably pull up my pants without falling down. Another painful 5 minutes went by with me just standing there trying to regain use of my legs.
That killed about 30 minutes of the day.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home