Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Piece Bingo

The record was 16 and I knew it was time to shatter it.

WorkSloth made the mistake of telling me that he tally's the number of times the word "Piece" is used when he attends meetings. His record was 16. In a cross-department meeting I decided to offer Sloth a gift and make it a special day. I used the word piece every chance I had and often multiple times in the same sentence...

"The problem is the pieces aren't sticking together! We have a piece from HR, a piece from Fiscal, a piece from marketing, and the pieces just don't mesh! We have broken pieces all over the place!"

I managed to keep a straight face although Sloth nearly had tears streaming down his face as he tried to hide his reaction by holding his notebook in front of his face. The record, incidently, was shattered and I've set the bar way too high to make it enjoyable for him anymore. He'll need a new word. Not sure if he'll share it with me next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home