Stall Slacking
Sloth brings up a good point. In the modern world of cubicles there is really only one safe haven of private escape. I find myself often resorting to "stallslacking." Whether I actually need to use the restroom or not, once or twice a day I close myself into my own private little place where nobody will bother me.
I don't have brickbreaker, but Dynomite, Solitare, and Soduko on my Pocket PC have helped pass many boring afternoons. My Pocket PC has a wireless network interface so I can browse the internet. Or listen to music, watch saved video, and or even look at porn. It's a perfect bathroom stall device and worth having for that purpose alone.
But some days, even the PocketPC can't help my mind break away from the life sapping force that thrives in areas with densly packed cubicles. On days like this, I retreat for a quick 20 minute (or longer on really bad days) nap. Sure, it's not comfortable to be haunched forward very long in that position, but it beats the hell out of sitting at my computer trying to stay away so I can pretend I'm working.
Cheers to the Bathroom stall! The last and final refuge for the modern slacker.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home