I'm the cow balls guy
Workweasel mentioned the whiteboard in our office. It has been an outlet for the bare minimum of creative expression required to maintain an acceptable attitude. Aside from the 'list' which is on the board, someone started a sign-up sheet for things to bring to our department Christmas gathering.
What started as a serious sign-up list predictably digressed into a list of odd things that people were signing each other up for. Weasel's sign up include crackers, bananas, and nuts.
The next morning our new CEO was walking around and introducing himself to people and he wandered into our office. We all shook hands and exchanged names and tried our best to put our good foot forward while meeting the new boss. He looked around at our work areas and then glanced at the whiteboard.
It was the first time that I had noticed that whiteboard list had tasked me with bringing Rocky Mountain Oysters to the Christmas gathering. He looked at the list then looked at me, then back at the list again. Apparently my good foot forward meant explaining why I'm bringing cow balls to a party. At 8:05am I really wasn't up to it.
He wanted to ask but a work conversation took over. I never got a chance to explain so the subject was stillborn. Being a bottom feeder in the office he probably doesn't even remember my name, though I'm confident he'll forever remember me as the cow balls guy.
Please note: I am nuanced enough in the subject of livestock to understand that technically cows do not have balls but rather bulls do...it's just funnier to say cow balls.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home